There was a bit of excitement today nearby where I live and it was crazy. I can't believe there was a stand off in the area. That isn't the first incident to happen nearby where I live. Two years ago someone set the mall on fire. Today was crazy because there were shots being fired.
I feel for the person involved and his family and it is crazy how one person's decision has a ripple effect and affects the lives of many others. It is kind of like a reminder how the choices of someone else can cause other people to alter their lives and plans even for one day.
Thankfully there was a peaceful resolution and the family of the person involved were there to support him and to help him to give up the excitement. People who were not able to return to their homes were relocated to a city recreation center. Nobody was killed though, there were a few injuries and I will be praying for an injured person who is in serious condition.
I am thankful to not be living anywhere near that area, though I know a couple people who were there and they are safe with others who love and care about them. As I was watching it on the news live while things unfolded, I suddenly had a book idea and saw a movie idea from it. I heard the helicopter as it flew over to the area and a siren fading toward the area. What was scary watching it live on television was hearing the gunfire on the tv, I actually jumped.
Hoping all who were physically and emotionally affected by today's events will have a better tomorrow.